Middle School STEM Camp - Adaptations That Solve Human Problems (Downloadable Materials)
The TEKS listed above are the primary objectives covered in this STEM camp, but teachers of other grade levels can easily adapt the content to better serve students at other grade levels.
Students of all ages appreciate nature and the study of animals. Students spend time outdoors, exploring the environment and watching how animals and plants interact and work together. With guidance, we can use this interest to inspire solutions to human problems. This STEM camp offers students experience in investigating and explaining the various features of animal adaptations that enhance future inventions.
- Adaptations That Solve Human Problems - STEM Camp Overview (PDF)
- User Profiles (Google Slides)
- Pre-Assessment 7.11B and 7.12A (PDF)
- Post-Assessment 7.11B and 7.12A (PDF)
- Student Design Brief (Google Doc)
- Prototype Planning Sheet (Google Doc)
- Challenge Notecards (PDF)
Middle School STEM Camp - Adaptations That Solve Human Problems was developed by the Advanced Academics and Curriculum Resources team at Region 13.
We Also Recommend
Algebra I Mini Interventions: Quadratics, Exponential Functions, and Algebraic Methods (Downloadable PDF)