Formative Assessment: Uncover Your Students' Learning (Online Course)
Formative Assessment: Uncover Your Students' Learning explores the benefits of formative assessment and incorporates formative assessment into teaching practices. This course includes a variety of assessment activities and strategies and provides step-by-step instructions to bring them into the classroom.
Formative assessment is an essential part of classroom instruction to help know if students understand what is being taught. This online course includes practical tips and tricks from classroom teachers and models how to use formative assessment as a motivation tool for students. This course is ideal for beginning teachers, experienced teachers who want to hone their strategies, and anyone who wants to learn more about the research behind formative assessment.
This course focuses on three main questions:
- What is formative assessment?
- Why is it important?
- How can it be implemented in the classroom?
This course helps teachers understand:
- Formative assessment is an often informal way to make visible what students know and understand about a topic.
- Formative assessment allows teachers to see and adjust the alignment between what is being taught and what students are learning.
- Formative assessment is a process, not a program.
Participants in this course will practice:
- Using the Teacher Toolkit to implement formative assessment in the classroom.
- Implementing tips and tricks from other classroom teachers.
- Motivating students using formative assessment.
Online Course, 3 CE Credit Hours
Formative Assessment: Uncover Your Students' Learning was created by Education Specialists from the Educator Quality department at Education Service Center Region 13.
We Also Recommend
Algebra I Mini Interventions Site License: Quadratics, Exponential Functions, and Algebraic Methods (Downloadable PDF)
Algebra I Mini Interventions Site License: Linear Equations and Inequalities (Downloadable PDF)
Algebra I Mini Interventions: Quadratics, Exponential Functions, and Algebraic Methods (Downloadable PDF)