Formative Assessment: Uncover Your Students' Learning (Online Course)
Explore the benefits of formative assessment and incorporate formative assessment into your teaching practice.
The Formative Assessment online course explores a variety of assessment activities and strategies and supports you with step-by-step instructions as you bring them into your classroom.
Formative assessment is an essential part of classroom instruction to help you know if your students understand what you are teaching. You will receive practical tips and tricks from classroom teachers and learn how to use formative assessment as a motivation tool for students. This course is ideal for beginning teachers, experienced teachers who want to hone their strategies, and anyone who wants to learn more about the research behind formative assessment.
This course focuses on three main questions:
- What is formative assessment?
- Why is it important?
- How can I implement it in my classroom?
By taking this course, you will learn:
- Formative assessment is an often informal way to make visible what your students know and understand about a topic
- Formative assessment allows you to see and adjust the alignment between what you are teaching and what your students are learning
- Formative assessment is a process, not a program
You will practice:
- Using the Teacher Toolkit to implement formative assessment in your classroom
- Implementing tips and tricks from other classroom teachers
- Motivating your students using formative assessment
Formative Assessment: Uncover Your Students' Learning was created by Education Specialists from the Educator Quality department at Education Service Center Region 13.
Online Course, 3 CE Credit Hours
This product aligns with T-TESS dimensions 1.2 and 2.5.
We Also Recommend
Algebra I Mini Interventions Site License: Quadratics, Exponential Functions, and Algebraic Methods (Downloadable PDF)
Algebra I Mini Interventions Site License: Linear Equations and Inequalities (Downloadable PDF)
Algebra I Mini Interventions: Quadratics, Exponential Functions, and Algebraic Methods (Downloadable PDF)