Check for Understanding (Card-Set Plus Virtual Tool)
The Check for Understanding tool includes over 60 formative assessment strategies in face-to-face and virtual platforms!
These strategies are intended for classroom use in face-to-face, synchronous (live streaming), and asynchronous (online self-paced) learning environments. Each one provides teachers with meaningful data about just how much students understand about recently covered content. The cards include:
- Over 60 formative assessment strategies, split into three categories that correspond to Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Surface cards build student ability to remember and understand content.
- Deep cards build student ability to apply and analyze content.
- Transfer cards build student ability to evaluate and create using content.
- New! The Check for Understanding Virtual Tool - recommendations and guidance in how to implement strategies in the virtual environment.
The Check for Understanding card-set and virtual tool empower teachers by providing new and exciting means of collecting the data they need to monitor and adjust instruction appropriately.
Supports Lever 5.1 - Objective-driven daily lesson plans with formative assessments
Set of 61 cards, plus instructions. Cards are approximately 4" x 6".
Virtual Tool (Interactive PDF), 56 pages.
Check for Understanding was produced and is maintained by the Strategic Instruction team at Region 13.
We Also Recommend