Signing Exact English - Pocket Size Dictionary
The Signing Exact English - Pocket Size Dictionary contains all the information in the full-size edition, only reduced in size and much more convenient.
The Signing Exact English Dictionary is a resource that supports the representation of English through the air. A complete representation of English allows a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person access to English vocabulary, syntax, and grammar. Studies have shown that complete exposure and practice with a language can yield competence in reading and writing in that language.
The Signing Exact English Dictionary includes:
- picture representations and written descriptions for forming the manual signs for over 4,400 English words
- manual signs for the English alphabet, numbers, nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- picture representations and written descriptions forming eighty-seven English prefixes and suffixes
- fundamental information about sign language, sign systems, and deafness
- background information on Signing Exact English
- suggestions for creative signing
- references for further reading
- guidance in how to incorporate the features of American Sign Language when using Signing Exact English to communicate.
To maximize effectiveness and to increase sign vocabulary, pair the Signing Exact English Dictionary with the Signing Exact English using Affixes.
SPIRAL-BOUND BOOK, 431 PAGES
The Signing Exact English Pocket Size Dictionary was produced by The SEE Center in Los Alamitos, CA, and is maintained by The SEE Center at ESC Region 13.
We Also Recommend