Expository Playbook for Elementary: Coaching Toward Stronger Writing (Spiral-Bound)
The Expository Playbook for Elementary: Coaching Toward Stronger Writing prepares students for the specific expectations of the STAAR test’s expository writing section, while keeping them engaged and confident.
Develop students into satisfactory and accomplished writers with this an all-inclusive resource that uses best-practice strategies to prepare students for testing day. It includes:
- Student-centered coaching strategies.
- Strong and weak writing models to use as examples.
- Published informational text models, prompts, and annotated sample student essays that have been culled from TEA scoring guides and Region 13 student submissions.
- Instructional notes included with the sample student essays to help any classroom teacher guide students toward stronger writing.
- Coaching strategies for improving focus, organization, development of ideas, progression, and language and conventions.
Spiral-bound, 180 pages
The Expository Playbook for Elementary was produced and is maintained by content specialists at Region 13.
We Also Recommend