Return to Learn (Online Course)
Return to Learn is an online course developed by ESC Region 13 in conjunction with medical professionals as a tool for teachers, parents, and administrators to provide support in how to assist students who have had a concussion.
Participants who take this course will be able to:
- Explain how a concussion affects a student's ability to return to learn.
- Discuss how educators are imperative for student recovery from a concussion.
- Determine how to provide appropriate support through the use of a student recovery plan.
- Discuss instructional strategies that address impairments the student is experiencing.
- Utilize a variety of resources (included as digital downloads) to support learning after the course has been completed.
Supports Lever 3.3 - Proactive and responsive student support services.
Online Course, 2 CE Credit Hours
Return to Learn was developed by the Texas STEM Center at ESC Region 13 in cooperation with Pediatric Neuropsychologist Dr. Scott Burkhart, Children's Health Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, and Brian P. Rieger, PhD, Director, Upstate Concussion Center at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
We Also Recommend