Teach Me to MakerHappen: An Educator's Guide to Makerspace in the Classroom (Downloadable PDF)
Teach Me to MakerHappen: An Educator's Guide to Makerspace in the Classroom guides educators through the process of establishing or reviving a Makerspace on their campus with any budget. It considers all the necessary components of successful implementation: establish a location, define leadership, let go of old thinking and learn through making.
This guide is a workbook with reflection activities and tools embedded in each section. Research coupled with practical application result in learning that imbues creativity, originality and skillful discussion and evaluation of work.
When you order, you will receive a printed book as well as be emailed a download with access to a zipped folder full of great resources to put in your maker toolbox. These resources include:
- 3-2-1 Activity
- Assess Your Mindset Self-Survey
- Community Involvement Brainstorming Activity
- IDEAmat for Elementary, Secondary, Location, and Planning
- Leadership Support Spectrum Activity
- MakerHappen Rubric
- Makerspace Philosophy Activity
- Parent Community Letter template - English
- Parent Community Letter Template - Spanish
This product is also available in a printed version.
Downloadable PDF, 68 pagesTeach Me to MakerHappen: An Educator's Guide to Makerspace in the Classroom was produced and is maintained by the team of Instructional Coach Specialists at Region 13.
We Also Recommend